Thread: Weekly Writing Contest 77

Having an intelligent conversation with a total moron

Default Weekly Writing Contest 77

On Thursday a topic will be chosen and posted by the previous weeks winner. Then everyone who wants to enter will post their piece in the thread before 12:00 PM (-8:00 GMT) Thursday. So that is Wednesday night/early Thursday Morning. Then the previous winner will judge all the pieces and pick the new winner and post it in the entry thread sometime on Thursday (try and do it as early as you can). The weeks winner will then pick the topic and make a new thread and it starts all over again. Remember this is your chance to shine!!!

Rules:

1. All forms of writing are welcome, whether it be poetry, short stories, essays, fan fiction, or whatever.
    2. All entries must be under 500 words
    3. All entries will be rated no higher than R this will be at the mods discretion. All entries rated over PG-13 must be under spoiler tags with a warning!
    4. The week's judge's decision is final and absolute. There no whining or complaining about another piece being better or the judge not being able to judge. On a flip note lets try and keep it as fair and impartial as possible.
    5. Critique will be allowed in another thread, but must remain constructive. Just saying 'your piece sucks' is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly. Everyone will be trying their best so lets not try to hurt feelings. On the flip side learn to take criticism it will help you become a better writer.
    6. Let's have fun with it. This will give you a chance to read others people's writing and let others read yours.
    7. A default judge will pick a new winner and topic if the week's judge goes MIA.
    8. If for some reason you can't fulfill your duties. Please PM Sarah so that she will be able to take appropriate action so the contest doesn't suffer delays.
    9. Have fun!!!

This week's topic
    : Inspiration

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    Oscar Wilde
    Lady Windermere's Fan

Default Re: Weekly Writing Contest 77

Warning: This is crazy cheesy

right behind you watching your every move

Newsletter Issue 14 is OUT Annual Issue And its the BOMB...Check It out Dec 1st...do it ...do it ....do it now...Go to the Newsroom and Enjoy!!!

i am watching you from the shadows always ready to strike...If u dont join the (click here)SS Rp. you might not survive much longer!!!

Having an intelligent conversation with a total moron

Thank you everyone for the wonderful entries!

4th - your entry was in fact cliched but it took it to another level. What caught me was the innovative descriptions you used, very well done.

Kai - the inspiring words from a captain to her team, very original. Even in defeat she was able to urge her team on, you used very emotional language combined with well placed details to make the piece come alive.

ShadowNIN - a very interesting piece, linking inspiration with angels and dreams. I especially liked the opening
    Dream and what come from your dreams drives one forward
    I'm glad I got the chance to read this.

Congratulations Kai, your piece really was an inspiration .
    Fantastic job 4th and ShadowNIN, I really enjoyed reading your pieces as well

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    Oscar Wilde
    Lady Windermere's Fan

right behind you watching your every move

thxs im glad i just felt like post in here again

Newsletter Issue 14 is OUT Annual Issue And its the BOMB...Check It out Dec 1st...do it ...do it ....do it now...Go to the Newsroom and Enjoy!!!

i am watching you from the shadows always ready to strike...If u dont join the (click here)SS Rp. you might not survive much longer!!!