Thread: Too little, too late

Default Too little, too late

Three years is quite a length of time, members have finished college,started it, gotten married or died, maybe prison; and dont give a fuck about anime anymore.

I remember reading a thread on "where are you now?" about 5 months ago, [the forum has been back up for half a year!] I was sitting in my comfy chair in middle class suburbia at my moms place; something told me that my life was going to do a 180 real quick, a few weeks later I find myself laying down on a one bedroom flat in little havana florida,
    A metropolitan,urban, overly populated downtown area, It's not the projects or the ghetto, but it's a shithole. You know, like you go outside and recognize every single fucking homeless person crack-head.

Getting kicked out of my moms place, put a hold on my Biology/Chemistry major degree, and forced me to work all day to pay for my flat; In essence I'm in limbo, nothing feels real, I go home to Beer and Cannabis and the days are passing by fast as fuck.

No, I am not whining or bitching, It is just a farewell introspective as to why the Resurrection of this forum has fallen flat on it's face; no one gives a fuck anymore because everyone is too caught up in their own personal shitstorm called life.

I wrote this because I have not really posted here or read anything since october, and looking at it now March 3rd of 2013, I realized Jay did this for nothing, Not a single fuck was given after the nostalgia phase passed in this forum.

A lot of smart and good hearted people once here, I'm 21, and started posting and reading here since 2004; The wit and wisdom gained here is priceless, thank you and goodbye

how they match your eyes Yachiru's Avatar

Default Re: Too little, too late

This forum coming back brought the most important person I've ever known back into my life. Nothing else really matters to me beyond that.

Can we last through the winter?
    The water's starting to freeze.
    The only one who remembers
    Taking the wrong step, falling in front of me.
    This body's already aging.
    These nights are already long.
    And if I last through the winter,
    I swear to you now, I won't call.

Aww, thanks Steve.

Life can suck and it's beating me up pretty badly at the moment but it's been worse and it will get better. I try and be fatalistic about it. Good things will happen to bad people and bad things will happen to good people. Not everyone gets what they deserve and you don't get out of life what you put into it... however, if you don't try and improve things you have no right to expect them to improve. Take control of your life Pookie and do something about it. If you don't like something try and change it and if you really do try and really do want the change you will make it happen.

There's no doubt the forum coming back was welcomed with huge nostalgia goggles but it was never going to deliver and I think everyone knew that. The "good ol' days" don't exist anymore and for me it's nice to just have a connection to what was NM. At the time it felt like a community and I don't know why. Ultimately it was where I was in my life at the time, it didn't fill a void but the internet was still relatively young and I learned got a lot from NM.

I disappeared when NM was still up and running, there was a period of probably a year or two where I was gone from most things. When I came back a lot of the regular posters where gone anyway and the gfx section had gone to shit lol. I used to enjoy looking at what people did and seeing them improve. Then it turned into some kind of perverted competition and snobbery.

I think I look back at NM fairly realistically, there were good and bad things and its resurrection meant that I could catch up in part with some of those people. If someone wanted to organise a get together and I was able to make it I'd still be up for it. If LT ever posted the god damn moleskin back to Rock I'd still fill in my page.

Where the hell is Lokes?

We're all family; everyone's just moved on and gotten busy. Also, there are no good old time, there is only today and tomorrow. Mongor your life will get better and so well yours pookie...21 is never an easy age man, so hang in there.

Someone needs a hug! Cane_The9lives's Avatar

Trust me when i tell you that, the world turns and waits for no man. I'm pushing 30, Ive lived on two continents(well an Island and a continent rather), lost enough family and friends for two lifetimes, gone through numerous ideological/religious paradigm shifts, and at many times have felt that the only true solace in this world was at the bottom of a bottle. I dont profess to be a pillar of wisdom, and ive known people who had to struggle through a much harder life than I would even want to imagine. But I will never forget my fathers words(who was a personification of wisdom in my opinion) "Don't look at where you are, focus on where you're going, and how you can get there. Take one step, and then another. Forward is the goal, backward is the pain you're walking away from". I have that quote hanging in my living room, and it words i truly try to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
    Aww, thanks Steve.

Life can suck and it's beating me up pretty badly at the moment but it's been worse and it will get better. I try and be fatalistic about it. Good things will happen to bad people and bad things will happen to good people. Not everyone gets what they deserve and you don't get out of life what you put into it... however, if you don't try and improve things you have no right to expect them to improve. Take control of your life Pookie and do something about it. If you don't like something try and change it and if you really do try and really do want the change you will make it happen.

There's no doubt the forum coming back was welcomed with huge nostalgia goggles but it was never going to deliver and I think everyone knew that. The "good ol' days" don't exist anymore and for me it's nice to just have a connection to what was NM. At the time it felt like a community and I don't know why. Ultimately it was where I was in my life at the time, it didn't fill a void but the internet was still relatively young and I learned got a lot from NM.

I disappeared when NM was still up and running, there was a period of probably a year or two where I was gone from most things. When I came back a lot of the regular posters where gone anyway and the gfx section had gone to shit lol. I used to enjoy looking at what people did and seeing them improve. Then it turned into some kind of perverted competition and snobbery.

I think I look back at NM fairly realistically, there were good and bad things and its resurrection meant that I could catch up in part with some of those people. If someone wanted to organise a get together and I was able to make it I'd still be up for it. If LT ever posted the god damn moleskin back to Rock I'd still fill in my page.

Where the hell is Lokes?
    Life been kicking the shit out of me too. sigh but i carry on, i carry on.

I brought this place back just for the nostalgia value and for people to catch up Didn't expect much more.

Also it was the safest place for it, rather than on the hard disk of my PC.

Everyone goes through rough patches from time to time, nothing you can do about it. Not in the best of places myself at the moment, but getting help as we speak.

Still i agree, it's mostly nostalgic value and catching up. it was fun for me reading back all those good times.