Page 1 of 112 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Recomendations Thread

Default Anime Recomendations Thread

New Edit: NO MANGA RECOMENDATIONS.

Post any questions about anime's you want recommended to you here. I will be starting to look through this thread more caerfuly from now on. I see anyone posting the same series and not helping the person answer their questions, I will physically delete that post. READ what the person is asking dont just post the same or any anime series. Any other questions, ask me.....DO NOT post them here.

Edit: Trell, the few animes i'm thinking about are Speed Grapher, Gantz, and Elfen Leid. GO to the anime news network and click on anime section and these series summaries are listed based on alphabetical title.

Hitman Reborn from Hana @ LJ

Default Re: New Anime Recomendations Thread

Thank you I was wondering who was going to take the hint but I just got tired of being semi subtle :happy:

I've seen those though but thanks for your help >_<

Anime with a mind phucking story can anyone help me? Like a story so confusing or weird or psychological/dementia type that it can make your head hurt sometimes. (Already saw Boogie Pop Phantom, NGE, RahXephon, Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue, Gantz)

Serial Experiment Lain? I watced the first 2 episode... I had NO IDEA what was going on... So I stopped =\

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3..._experime.html
    (・∀・)ノ

Yeah seen it too that one was good >.o

You should have kept going with it. But I guess I understand it was like that with Boogie Pop Phantom I didn't know what anything was and half assed watched it.

If you are only looking for anime, what about Monster? It's about a doctor who saves a young boys life only to find out that he is a genius killer. Of course nobody believes him and he tries to find ways to stop the killing spree.

I hope this helped!

OK this may be long

1. Samurai x trust and betrayal - for all everyone who watches anime. even those who kinda hate anime should watch it. doesnt matter if samurai fighting is not ur type. great story, great music, great visuals, very nice characters....near perfect WATCH IT!! (statistically number one anime ever)

2. Samurai champloo and Cowboybebop - for people who dont care about just one genre. both animes are super great and both contain multiple genres

3. FLCL - for people who like laughs, CREATIVITY, wackyness, super craziness, and etc...

4. Spirited away and princess mononoke - for people of all ages. great fantasy. after watching this you people might feel happier with life. or not idk......but watch it.

5. Yakitate Japan - this anime could appeal to mature audiences even though it looks kiddish because of its creativity( pokemon and yugioh couldnt pull this off)

6. FMA - interesting science with cool story. watch it

7. Grave of the fire flies - if u wanna cry ur eyes out.....this anime is for u

8. Eva and gits - if u get the story lucky u very interesting story and complex plots.......i kinda dont get some of it and i still like it. watch it!!!

okkkkkk thats all the anime that i recommend u people.

o and kenshin of course! the anime seems to have a serious mood since its a samurai anime but there are enjoyable laughable moods also. kenshin's personality is random...

well all the animes i just listed are great for everyone. doesnt matter if ur affectionate to only one genre
    Last edited by canza; 06-09-2005 at 05:50 AM.

~This Is The One~

I have an odd request. I was hoping that somebody can suggest some more "feel good" animes to me. I don't mean shoujo necessarily, I actually prefer action most of the time. What I mean are animes like Trigun and Fruits Basket. These titles are very different in plot obviously, but they both left me with a good "the world isn't so bad" feling afterwards. So I guess what I am looking for are more animes that where the protaganist is more than just good with a weapon, but has a really good personality too. Gah I'm not sure if that made sense.

Oh and Trell, I sent you a pm with an article about psychological thrillers in manga and anime. Another anime that I forgot to mention but I think you would like is Requiem From the Darkness. It is about an author who wants to write down supernatural stories. He meets up with a group of strange travelers and is soon in for way more than he bargained for. I have to go to work now, but if you are interested I can send you better info about it later.

LOL..Nidiba..good choices for Trell.
    As for anime thats a feel good but not shoujo, well thats tough. Umm anime like Trigun would be Trinity Blood. although its a mix of hellsing with Trigun. A more uplifting anime, that is actualy shoujo drama but is realy good and not cutsey or anithyng would be Honey and Clover, its got a more adult plot line to it about these college students lives. You might want to check out Tide Line blue too. I may edit this post to add more as I ponder your question.

Thanks Haydee. I am planning on downloading Trinity Blood once I have time. I don't mind all shoujo. Like I said, Fruits Basket is one of my favorites. I also liked Weiss Kreuz (or Knight Hunters) It was really corny but I like the whole heroes at night thing lol. I just don't like the really corny or childish shoujo titles, lol. Honey and Clover looks really good, I've watched the first few episodes. It just took me awhile to get past the crazy opening sequence! lol I have never heard of Tide Line Blue though. What is it about?

Canza mentioned some good animes. I'd like to add to his list:

One Piece: Hillarious with lots of action and adventure.

Peach Girl: Only a 25 episode anime filled with emotions and twists until the last second. Very unpredictable.

'Dont judge me by my appearances and preconceptions'

1.request Anime with winged characters, preferably of the angel and demon kind.
    2.Fantasy Type setting anime (think green grassland, magic, swords)

Half the reason why i like trinity blood is for the 'person' in your sig Haydee.

oh, needless to say im expecting some action, though if its got comedy i dont mind.

I heard Berserk has some chick with batwings, i should check that out.

Hey, I noticed a lot of good animes are cut short such as Trigun and Berserk. I really liked watching those two perticaluar anime, but I want anime like that but ongoing. Yeah, bleach and naruto are good but there is so many fillers. So anyone got any reccomendtions for me? I just started watching Trinity Blood and i just finished watching episode 3 but i really have no idea what is going on so far but looks pretty cool. Thanks.

vClick it!v

Please PPL do NOT list anime's that you think are good.... just concentrate on what others are asking for. Any more listing and I will delete it.

Nidaba..heres info on Tide Line blue....its realy good despite the way it looks on the outside...

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...line_blue.html

Majin I suggest Escaflowne, this anime seems to have what you want. Look it up on google for a summary.

Keisuke, its rare when you see anime's like the ones you like that are longer then 26 episodes. Monster may be a good long and on going one for you. Also may I suggest Gungrave based on your taste of Trgiun and Berserk. Its a mix of real life shoot em up and science with monsters.

Keisuke, i say that u should go try out gungrave, gives a feel of the "mafia" family life or whatever ud call it, and at the same time loads of shooting
    and im not sure, but i could try out downloading the first season and see if it fits ya... i didnt really like the whole kenshin thing, but i guess its worth a watch...

as for what i want...
    Well as some ppl know I download ANY anime i find on the net, so saying that im running low on stuff, ive checked through boxtorrents and animenfo but i dont really find any new ones i havent seen or arent following, so if any1 have one thats rather rare or lowly published then give me a tell, id like it aye

Eoula..? Free your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin
    1.request Anime with winged characters, preferably of the angel and demon kind.
    2.Fantasy Type setting anime (think green grassland, magic, swords)

Half the reason why i like trinity blood is for the 'person' in your sig Haydee.

oh, needless to say im expecting some action, though if its got comedy i dont mind.

I heard Berserk has some chick with batwings, i should check that out.
    Chrono Crusade is like that with devils but you don't get to see the wings in every every episode all the time. It's dark-ish but not magic/swords. I found it to be kind of average though but that's just me =/

And the Berserk only has the batwings lady is only in the VERY last episodes so it would be a long wait.

Can anyone suggest some comedy or Comedy/Ecchi animes,Ive seen a lot of them but still want to see more.So far Ive seen DearS,Girls Bravo S1,FLCL, Hanaukyo Maid-Tai La Verite,Hanaukyo Maid-Tai,2x2 Shinobuden,Yumeria,School Rumble.Still watching Shuffle,Dokuro-chan,poni poni dash!,koi koi7.So is there anything good that makes me laugh that i havent seen?

Colorful maybe?

I don't usually go looking for ecchi I can just tell you what I've heard of.

Hmmm,I dont think Ill like colorful.Right now im thinking love hina or chobits,but which would be better?

Quote Originally Posted by zero911
    Can anyone suggest some comedy or Comedy/Ecchi animes,Ive seen a lot of them but still want to see more.So far Ive seen DearS,Girls Bravo S1,FLCL, Hanaukyo Maid-Tai La Verite,Hanaukyo Maid-Tai,2x2 Shinobuden,Yumeria,School Rumble.Still watching Shuffle,Dokuro-chan,poni poni dash!,koi koi7.So is there anything good that makes me laugh that i havent seen?
    TJTG has comedy on the side, but mostly it's fighting.. but there's tonnes of Ecchi if you wanna try that.

Ichigo 100% is less Ecchi, and the Anime isn't as good as the Manga, but I still like it.. it's just about this one guy, and all these girls like him and he has trouble picking one

A series that you might find funny is Vandread. It was my first anime and I loved it...found it to be hilarious.(plus it's loaded with action..) That's all I can think of right now...I haven't seen much anime. :(
    Thanks carbonmix!

Page 1 of 112 123451151101 ... LastLast