Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: The Edge of Soul Society

Default Re: The Edge of Soul Society

Lodium remained sat there, his reiatsu levels dropping and gaining. He had been working on the first peice of steel for a few hours now and sun was beginging it's decent through the sky.

Focusing like never before, sweat started to form at Lodium's brow. The speed in vibration had been increased ten fold from what he orginally started at. Lodium was unsure on his progress as the steel showed no signs of break nor tear, but it did make the occasional creaking sound.

Lodium up the vibration speed once more, feeling for the atomic structure. Placing his free hand on the steel Lodium, felt that the cold steel was no longer cold, More of a luke warm. This was progress!

With his right hand hovering over the steel bar, Lodium pushed his reiatsu once again and the steel started to vibrate the particles becoming unstable. With a smile Lodium pushed forward not giving up until he had at least got through the first phase of this training.

After a few long seconds, that left like minutes to Lodium a crack started to appear at the top of the bar. With sheer look of concentration and a half hearted smile, Lodium pushed what reiatsu he had left. With a few creaking sounds from the steel bar the crack on the top extended throughout the width of the bar.

Moving both hands back to his side, Lodium felt very drained.

"That took longer that i had anticapted!"

Standing up Lodium felt a sudden weak spell, as his body went limp from lack of energy. Making a slow stumble towards the kitchen Lodium felt Makoto reiatsu as he formed a kidou. Lodium smiled the boy must of still trying to seki kidou. Arriving at the kitchen Lodium heard his stomach growl as he came across all the meats avalable to him.

After what might of been half an hour or more, the kitchen looked like a bomb zone. Blood and peices of meat scattered here and there as Lodium was finishing up his banquet. Feeling full Lodium began a pleasent stroll letting his food settle while he picked odd strands of meat out of his teeth. With a content smile Lodium walked through the open courtyard of the ayer manor enjoying the evening sun.

Unaware of it but Lodium's feet had dragged him towards Makoto's room. With a chuckle Lodium knocked before letting himself. Seing Makoto sitting down reading his kidou guide, Lodium took a seat infront of makoto.

"How far have you got with the armour then kid? You asked me why i 'hate' Nicho, so i gave you an example. I showed you the technique and wondered off. Much like Nicho would do. Now how in a way is that good teaching. With Nicho he expects you to learn it and master it after seing it only once. Granted it does help your own development and such but it can have it's draw backs....I did that to you and from your reiatsu signiture all day you havnt got anywhere near it."

lodium took a breath, he felt really bad for the way he treated makoto with the armour but now Lodium was here to make ammends.

"I'l give you a few pointers as an apology and help you. In the academy the tutor covered her body in reiatsu, like a dense mist before she hardend it to become the armour. With me i learnt a different way. I started with just my hand. Building up the reiatsu around my hand to become a glove, but i didnt stick to the class armour. I made it like fabric to build up towards the samurai armour style."

Lodium held his hand out, thanks to his meal he had regained enough reiatsu for what he was about to do. Holding his hand out his black reiatsu started to swirl around his hand before shaping into the dark black leather glove. A few seconds later the leather glove started to gain detail and strength as it morphed into the samurai version.

Holding his hand out in front of his face he shook it a few times before the reiatsu vanished back inside his hand.

"Thats the way i learnt it worked best for me but it might not be the same for you. Now Nicho taichou he doesnt teach his methods cause he doesnt want a copy cat. But if my method works for you go for it or find a way that does work for you."

Lodium sat there smiling, the hard reiastu training early had put him in a good mood and despite the now setting sun Lodium wasnt worried about tonight. It seemed Lodium's emotions were now in check. Waiting there, he wondered what kind of questions Makoto might have and now would be the time to ask anything.

"I am making progress. I like your method, but it doesn't look like it is efficient enough for my own tastes. As for the mist that you say the original instructors demonstrate, I am working on something similar. Its just taking a little longer because what I am doing is difficult for my level of reiatsu control." Makoto said setting his book down.

Focusing, Makoto was able to locate his naturally emitted reiatsu. After a few moments of seemingly no activity, what appeared to be the very air around him took on a golden glow. His reiatsu level had not changed what so ever since the energy he was manipulating was only the energy that he gave off naturally. Since he had already gotten ahold of this reiatsu, he figured he might as well try the technique a bit further. Makoto pulled this natural energy closer to his skin with a great deal of effort. As he did so, Makoto began to add small layers of his own reiatsu. After a moment, all of the energy simply faded away as he let go of it.

"Sorry, thats as far as I am right now. As you can see though, after I practice up a little bit and can get better control of the reiatsu I am trying to use then I will be able to start working on details like those. As for Nicho Taichou's teaching method... Sure it makes it difficult for me to get down new things, but you have to admit it really does work well. If you had simply explained the technique like you did here, I would have never thought about using the reiatsu that occurs naturally around my body as the base of the armor. I am also working on two new kido though. They are simple kido so they won't be too difficult."

Makoto stood up and looked around. He was going to try out the binding kido first since it did not require a target since it was more of an area effect.

"The angel guarding the gates of hell! Draw your sword and set it aflame, illuminate those within the darkness! Blasting spell, the Second: Hikari no Mekurumeku!"

As Makoto said the chant, he built up his reiatsu around his body and brought it in tight. For this kido to work, he needed to be explosive. Extending his arms out to his sides quickly, the energy he had built up suddenly expanded through the room causing a bright flare of light. It was brief, but with a little more practice, Makoto would easily be able to sustain the bright flare of light. Makoto took his rolled up bed from off of the wall and placed it on the ground in front of him.

"The eye of the great dragon! Come before me, seeker of torment, lord of endings! Cast thy sight and pass thy judgement! Blasting Spell, the Eighth: Kutsuunomaru!"

This kido was a little more complex than the other one he had just used. It required more of a destructive feeling to really get the kido to cast properly. As Makoto casted the kido, a light golden circle surrounded the bed roll. Sweat beaded on Makoto's forehead as he pushed the kido. After a moment, his bed roll burst into flames. It was an interesting reaction since the kido was meant to be cast upon a living target or a simulation drone.

Makoto sat down for a moment to catch his breath. He looked out the window, at the quickly setting sun. A longing for the familiar corridors of the academy hit him in the chest.

"I miss the academy strangely enough. All of that nervous tension in the air, the bell schedules and organization of the classes. I never thought I would find myself saying that though. Training here instead of the academy... I dunno what it is but I am getting stronger much quicker. I suppose that must mean that a change of scenery can really do wonders."

Makoto gave Lodium a little grin. Thoughts raced through his mind. When he had first arrived here, Makoto had felt himself getting stronger. But now that he had been training here for a bit, he felt as though here were nearing some kind of plateau. He was still getting stronger at an accelerated rate compared to the academy, but his progress was slowing.

"Lodium sensei, I have a question, why do I feel like I am beginning to reach the peak of my strength? I can feel myself getting stronger, but at the same time... it feels like I am climbing a very steep hill and can see the top. Its - worrisome that my actual power is increasing very slowly. I feel like all I am doing is adding techniques and form to what I already have. When I first started the academy, my growth was very high and now.... well as I said a minute ago it feels like its reaching the peak."

Makoto looked at the floor as he presented the question. He felt a little embarrassed really, if he really was reaching the peak of his strength, then a life as a shinigami was going to be very difficult. He didn't want to be a disappointment to his sensei who had taken time to train him.

Self made sig and ava: Purple Haze Panda Daze

Lodium watched Makoto train, it was interesting but sumthing seemed to hold him back. Smiling Lodium watched the boy practise his kidou and his lastest training with reiatsu. When Makoto started to ask him about his own growth Lodium simply gave a little laugh before his face took a serious look.

"Simply really Makoto. To say you have noticed your level of growth decrease is astonshing. That in it's self is growth. However that doesnt help answer your question."

Taking a pause Lodium reached within his hanging overrobe. Pulling out his sheathed zanpaktou's Lodium set them down infront of makoto and himself. It was the first time Lodium had taken note of his zanpaktou's since arriving here.

"Makoto its really simple, your growth has slowed because you need to overcome your own test. Your nearly ready to graduate, to become a shinigami. But il tell you the path of progress will become slower as you graduate, techniques and skills will become more difficult, you just have to be patient."

Lodium realised he'd never really spoke about zanpaktou them selves or even spoke about the graduation process it'self.

"Oh how can i have forgotten. With the graduation your own soul will test you and if your succesful you'll gain your zanpaktou. Each shinigami's is different and there spirit is unqiue. Im sure you've noticed but my Zanpaktou is Mist of the living Darkness, or L.D for short during Conversations. In his sealed form he is two daggers. and released he is a ninja sword. Your zanpaktou will speak to in your first test and you will gain them but only when you hear his name will you gain shikai and that will take lots of training and growth."

Taking a big breath Yurakai entered with tea for the two once more. Taking the cup Lodium began drinkin on hot beverage, waiting to see if Makoto had anymore questions.

Graduation? It was a concept that he had thought about, but had never really given any true thought to. The thought of him being close to graduation brought pain to his heart as he remembered his two close friends from the academy. He assumed that Kyto had already graduated since he had been so powerful when they had met and Amusai... when he had left, they were on par with one another. The man had better not be slacking.

Makoto took the tea and sipped it for a moment. Zanpakutou and graduation to full shinigami. These had been his dreams since he had first joined the academy and he was already so close to grasping it that everything seemed to be a bit unreal.

"Lodium, will you do me the honor of a sparring match?" Makoto asked.

If his growth was decreasing exponentially, he wanted to see just how far he had come. And what better a way to see ones own personal growth than to spar with an opponent far beyond their physical capabilities?

in the land of chocolate starfishes and hotdog flavored water

Tyler found himself strolling through the forest. He just looked at the sites, the animals. He smelled tea "How nice" he thought "I wonder if they have a guest" he said. He followed the smell, he must look homeless, his robes were rags and stained with blood, but the man in them was perfectly fine. Nothing of his appearence changed except for his attitude and composer. He smelled the air again "It's a little stale, but i can follow it" he thought. He released his shikai "Spark, fenrir" and his zanpakuto changed into the gargantuan banryu. He held it with one hand easily and his feet broke through the ground from it's great weight. He sniffed the air one more time "This way" he said as he built up his spiritual pressure. He used his chirping flashstep, a technique he derived from combing his chirpstep with flashstep, much faster that flashstep.

The first sent him quite a distance, he almost lost the track "I overshot it a bit" he said. He used it again, this time he was hot on the trail, he'd be there soon. It took him nearly half a day to find a massiv estate. He found a giant gate that led to a mansion. He felt for a presence, he didn't want to just barge in, he pointed a half clenched fist, his palm pointing towards the air. He built up a large amount of reiatsu and a ball of lightning formed in his hand. He let out a lightning bolt four times the strength of white lightning, the sound was deafening, nothing like a normal thunder clap. He waited for a moment, hopefull they'd look his direction. He didn't seal his zanpakuto yet, if any of them could feel reiatsu, it would be evident Tyler was there, his large reiatsu waiting at the gate.
    Last edited by Nuggett420; 16-04-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Lodium watched as makoto took in all the information, seemed the kid's dreams were taking a step closer to reality. Looking at makoto as he asked for a spar Lodium thought on but was more so distracted by a reiatsu signiture very far away. Ignoring it Lodium focused back on makoto.

"Hm a spar would be good but not while the moon is at its fullist and not before you finish learning the armour."

Lodium looked over his shoulder the uninvited guest had made its way to the Ayer manor. Sighing Lodium began to stand up before he looked back at makoto.

"If you thought you had it bad last night with two lycans, now theres three!"

meanwhile at the front gate Yurakai had coming rushing along. Opening the gate, Yurakai looked at the ragged man in disgrace. Giving him a sideways glance Yurakai let the man in to the front courtyard where the torn man would wait till Lodium arrived.

Sighing once more Lodium began his stroll. The lousy 2nd and they were supposed to be good at concealing reiatsu yet Lodium had tracked him throughout his entire journey.

"Tyler!"

Lodium voice came from behind the statue, the weird twisted features of the man and wolf that stood before Tyler.
    Appearing from behind the staute it was apparant that Lodium had come from the building further back.

"Now why is the 2nd division Fuku all the way out here. Espically in my family home?"

((Yeah HmD Tyler is gunna lend a hand with your training and by weekend we'll have u grad-ed))

Tyler smiled as the gate opened, he bowed to the man who'd just opened it. The man led him through the large courtyard and Tyler took in it's beauty. Hearing Lodium's voice Tyler was surprised and offered a warm smile. He bowed respectfully "As far as my taichou knows i'm still at the 4th, i've recently had some good fortune, and i was enjoying it" he explained. He told Lodium of his battles in the zanpakuto dimension, and of the enlightenment he'd achieved. Tyler then changed the subject "Anyway, i came here because i could smell tea, i was hoping it's owner would offer me a cup" he said.

Makoto sighed as he was denied a sparring match. It was neither here nor there though because truthfully, he neeeded to practice his techniques and get them down a bit better. The fukutaichou of the 2nd Division? Makoto immeditately rose to his feet and approached Tyler.

"I am Makoto Kobayashi, genius of the shinigami academy. It is an honor to meet you Fuku-taichou." Makoto said bowing as he had been taught to do his entire life.

Makoto stepped back so that Lodium and Tyler could talk uninterupted. In his head, Makoto was busy fixing the reiatsu saturation he needed to output to be able to do the two kido he was working on. At the same time, he was paying attention to everything being said around him and also running different ideas through his mind about how he was going to manifest his reiatsu armor.

Lodium smiled as tyler told tales his tales of the zanpaktou dimension. Lodium was slightly jealous, he didnt get the opportunity to go and was stuck in S.S. LEading the way the trio came to the dinning area where Yurakai had brought more tea, at the the request of tyler.

"Lets go one thing clear here tyler. your in my house the rules of ranks dont apply here. No shinigami business. But i dont mind your tales of previous fights."

Lodium looked on at makoto before turning his head back at tyler. He had an idea.

"Makoto, since you've already 'worked' me out fighting me would be useless. Maybe you should fight some one that you don't know. and who better than Tyler. What do you say, Tyler-san"

Lodium sat there with his elbows on the table, watching for the reactions of both his guests. This would be fun and it did give Lodium some down time.

Tyler smiled slightly as he sealed his shikai "No formalities, please, call me Tyler" he said. He couldn't help but feel like the student was a bit concieted "Genius of the academy?" he thought. Tyler sighed slightly "I guess it can't be helped, you gave me tea, so i must repay you somehow" he chuckled. He sipped his tea "This is some wonderful tea Lodium" he commented savoring every sip he took. He stood up "Shall we go? i wouldn't mind having another cup of tea afterwards, actually, we should bring the kettle with us, I won't take long, and i enjoy my tea better outside" he said to Makoto. He waited for someone to lead the way, this wasn't his house afterall. This happy go lucky attitude was a completely new thing, had Tyler not told lodium his stories he would've most likely been confused.
    Last edited by Nuggett420; 17-04-2009 at 06:00 AM.

No formalities? It seemed like most taichou and fukutaichou preferred less formal titles. Strange really, at least to Makoto it was. He made a gesture for Tyler to follow him out to the open courtyard. Makoto sighed a bit, he could tell that Tyler thought he was conceited. It wasn't a big deal to Makoto though because he had been referred to as arrogant and stuck up his entire life and he could really care less what anyone thought about him.

"Well, I suppose this spot will do." Makoto said as he stopped walking.

He drew out his asauchi and took his combat stance. Makoto circled around Tyler, looking for any opening at all. Already, he was analyzing the situation and his enemy. The conclusion he reached was that he needed more data to be able to build a better strategy.

Makoto stepped forwards quickly, just in range for the tip of his sword to make a shallow cut. He did a quick horizontal slash for Tyler's right bicep and then brought his sword around and down for a vertical slash from the crown of his head to his sternum. Neither one were meant to do any real damage, Makoto just wanted to know a little more about his enemy.

Lodium had simply followed, it seemed both fighters were abit unhappy of Makoto's status. True it might of been self-proclaimed but it was a well earned one, and as far as Lodium was concearned Makoto was the geniues of the academy.

As the two started to 'dance' Yurakai had brought Lodium a chair to observe the fight. After which there was a fresh pot of tea by the chair side. Addressing tyler Lodium made sure his attention was focused on Lodium before they began to fight.

"Be carefull tyler, that tyler is more than self proclaimed. By the end of the fight Makoto will have so much data on you the 2nd secreicy will be a waste."

Chuckling to himself Lodium picked up some tea before Makoto began his probing attacks. Lodium could see what the boy was doing, poor tyler was being tested by an academy student.

Tyler smiled as he followed and hearing Lodium's comment Tyler replied "Well then i'll just rephrane myself from using anything the 2nd division has taught me, which is only really 2 or 3 things" he said. He then shrugged his shoulders "It's not like the other divisions don't teach the first two things anyway". He could smell the tea, he wanted another cup really bad now. The strike came, it was far too slow, he dodged it by leaning backwards slightly.

Tyler seemed to be thinking, honestly he was wondering how far he was willing to go. He also wondered if he should make this a learning experience or end it fast and have a cup of tea. The vertical slash came, without much thought Tyler stopped the blade with his index finger, aided by a small coating of reiatsu armor. He focused more reiatsu wrapping around the entire weapon hilt and all. He spoke softly to the student "You should let go if you want to keep your hands " as the blade began turning to metallic dust and sprinkling to the ground, it continued converting to dust, running down the length of the blade towards the hilt. He looked back at Lodium "Was i supposed to handicap myself?" he asked.
    Last edited by Nuggett420; 17-04-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Makoto stood in wonder as his blade began dissolving. He knew that his own reiatsu would not be able to stop the process of destroying the asauchi so instead he put into action his next little battle strategy. It was nearly impossible to gauge how strong his opponent was but he could get a good estimate since his attack had been stopped with almost comical ease.

Letting go of the asauchi, Makoto built up just a little reiatsu in the air around him. While at the same time began building up the reiatsu for his reiatsu asauchi.

"The angel guarding the gates of ****! Draw your sword and set it aflame, illuminate those within the darkness! Blasting Spell, the Second: Hikari no Mekurumeku!"

As the flash of light emitted from him, Makoto formed his reiatsu blade completely. He had even formatted the particles so that it looked like a very well crafted asauchi with a slight golden tint. He stepped to his right, tylers left side, and slashed for his exposed ribs.

"You would dishonor me if you handicap yourself Tyler. No, I want to see what you can do and if I cannot live through it then I simply did not learn my lessons quickly enough." Makoto said as he stepped back and brought his sword up to defend any counter attack.

Tyler smiled "Smart move" he said, then continued as he spoke his incantation "Too bad though, i know that spell" he said closing his eyes, still with the grin on his face. He sighed slightly feeling the student come up on him, not because of his reiatsu, but because of how the wind moved, and how the sound of his footsteps traveled, the reiatsu was just an added bonus. Tyler wasn't really all there, he was thinking about his fight with the dragons, how he moved the air so easily. He wondered if he could use that in combat with an opponent, less large.

Tyler stepped to the side, avoiding the student's attack "distract for a kill shot, a bit ruthless aren't we?" he said with a slight chuckle. Tyler thought for a moment "Perhaps you're right, being pushed to the brink of death always brings out the best in me" he said calmly. Tyler's next move was decided, a ball of reiatsu formed above his head almost instantly. It was very dense with spiritual pressure "I'm not really teaching you a lesson, i just want to work for my tea" he said. Soon blades began to whirl around growing out from the inside of the ball. In an instant four of the blades came slashing down at Makoto, he wouldn't have a choice but to take the hit or dodge, there was no way he'd block all four simultaneously.

((dinner break makoto? arnt u supposed to be at work haha))

Lodium watched the battle rage on infront of him. Makoto was going all out and that was good but there was that bit of adrenaline that was missing. Closing his eyes as Makoto cast the binding art Lodium cursed at makoto for creating such a bright light.

Watching on the sun began to set, and Lodium had a cunning idea on how to make things interesting as a movement towards making makoto graduate. Standing from his chair Lodium looked on, he wasnt going to interevene. Not yet anyway.

"Tyler your tea is going to have to wait, but for now make makoto work. Put that bit of fear into the student, by the end of the night he will wish he hadnt asked for a spar...Tyler no holding back!"

Lodium barked the order from infront of his chair, the sky was turning from light to dark and it wouldnt be long before the moon rose and makoto really would be in trouble. Lodium wondered weather the boy had calculated for three lycans instead of just one.

The reiatsu technqiues he was seeing was just giving Makoto more and more ideas as to the possiblities of just what his reiatsu could do. He was in a bit of a dissadvantage as the four blades came down upon. him. Makoto raised his reiatsu shield and pulled it closer to his body as the blades came at him.

But, his shield was not exactly the strongest and the attack coming at him was much more powerful than he was. His shield did manage to reduce the strength of the attacks though. Makoto blocked one of the blades so now he simply had three medium depth wounds on his body.

"Heh, I gotta figure that one out."

Makoto chuckled a bit as he bit his tongue to numb the pain he felt from the attacks. Stepping forwards, Makoto held his hand out, balled up into a fist.

"Binding art #21: Lightning Paralysis!"

Makoto fired the kido, at Tyler. At the same time, he ran forwards, closing the distance between him and his target. The wounds on him slowed his body as he trailed blood, but that would not stop him. He slashed for Tylers left hip, knowing from basic biology classes that there was an artery there. Then, he spun about and used the built up momentum to unleash a good slash aimed for Tylers abdomen.

"Lets see what your insides look like!" Makoto shouted.

He was beginning to lose himself in combat. HE loved the thrill of it all, but at the same time, he also liked to collect data on what was happening. A bit of a strange combination really...

Tyler watched, the blood made him a little uneasy, the sight of blood still excited him. The student cast kidou that he wasn't familiar with, he felt goosebumps for a moment and it disappeared "Was that supposed to do something?" he asked honestly. Tyler had to hold back, he couldn't kill a student, it was never in his nature to do something that terrible, maybe joey, but not Tyler. He decided to go a little more all out, although this student was hardly a workout, might as well humor Lodium.

Tyler sighed "Well hopefully he'll be happy with this" he thought. The blade came, and Tyler's arms became a blurr, Tyler had unsheathed his blade at such a speed that not even Lodium could see, it smashed Makoto's reiatsu blade as easily as a 2 year old knocks over a house of cards. It happened in the blink of an eye, Tyler had attacked the kid 14 times in nonlethal areas and got rid of the kid's weapon, what would he do now?.

Makoto fell to his knees as the wounds seemed to explode on his body. His eyes were grayed out just a bit as his body tried to cope with the pain. Shards of reiatsu had dug into his skin making other shallow wounds along his body as his reiatsu blade was completely shattered.

"Heh, so this is how strong I am then?"

Makoto fell forwards, on the brink of unconsciousness from the shock of the attacks hitting his body so quickly. Never in his entire life had he seen such power. Even from what he had seen from Lodium, this was on another level. As the shock began to wear off, Makoto immediatly rose to his feet, shakily, but he still managed to stand. He was leaning, back and forth as he struggled to regain his equilibriium.

"Sudden Impact!"

Makoto shot the kido for Tylers left knee. He could not move at this point, his body was too injured and fatigued. But, he could still use his kido. He focues for a minute and began building up reiatsu in his left hand for his next and most likely last attack.

"white lightning..." He muttered quietly so as to not give his attack away.

Balling his hand up into a fist, he let the reiatsu from the kido build up, letting it drain his remaining reiatsu. He may not win this little fight, but he wanted to at least make a lasting impression upon the fuku-taichou.

(lodium told me to give you the rough treatment, this is the best i could do to keep from feeling assholish lol)

Tyler had sparred students before, this one had spunk atleast. He had never injured a student so severly, he felt kinda bad for the guy, but it soon left him. The blood oozing from the student's body got Tyler's inner beast even more excited as his eyes changed red while fangs and claws halfway formed. The sudden impact came, but Tyler handled it like a pro. He swept the dull side of his blade as if perform his blasting wind blade, but instead just came the blast of air.

The impact of the air made a slight boom as Tyler's wind obliterated Makoto's. It traveled to the student before he could pull the white lightning off. It hit him with the strength of hurricane winds, knocking him back, his kidou firing into the air. Tyler sheathed his blade and cracked his neck and looked at Lodium, it was obvious he was having a slight bit of trouble keeping from chasing makoto down, just so he could watch the blood spill. Tyler knew it would only make him weaker if he succumb to these urges, he spoke "Mind if i have that cup of tea?" he asked.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast