Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1005

Thread: The Edge of Soul Society

Default Re: The Edge of Soul Society

Lodium had closed his eyes resting, letting his body do its thing when he felt Makoto raise his spiritual pressure. OPening one eye he saw tyler swing for Makoto, with a smile Lodium struggled but he got to his feet, resulting in more blood pooling from his gut.

"Haha, that was fun, gotta love Nicho's technology plus my own genetics."

Wrapping his hand around the branch Lodium grimmaced before he pulled it free. With a painful growl the branch came free letting a splash of blood hit Makoto.

"Wooops sorry kidda. Haha i think i need to go somewhere slightly warmer..."

Lodium comment was surely odd, but from Lodium it didnt seem so. Although with the lack of blood and obvious limp from his left leg, Lodium was becoming delierous(sp?). Making a stagger of a step Lodium fell face first.

"AT least get me inside so my lycan genetics can heal me. You know regeneration and s**t. Tyler come on help out or your not welcome here again."

Lodium speech was becoming that of a crazy man, but soon his words turned to mumbles before Lodium went silent. His last technique had truely messed him up. All he needed to do was tweak it.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

((shane))

Jin was walking slowly through the dense forest. He had become bored and very lost with his gaurd dropping, his swords nearly scraping against the floor. Things had become boring and he hadnt yet seen any one. Sitting down Jin decieded he wasnt going to move until some one found him.

Not a moment later, the black attire of a shinigami was standing very close to jin. Infact if it wasnt for Jin being sat down the 7th man would of walked into him. With a look of confusion and fear Jin slowly tilted his head up, to see the face of a very stoned faced 7th memeber.

"Oh, im in your way sorry."

Instantly Jin stood up and began walking away from the 7th man before he was grabbed by the collar.

"It's time to play lil one!"

Slowly turning Jin raised his swords, he wasnt ready to fight this opponent but he had no choice. Or did he? running seemed good but chances were he would be caught seconds after. Holding his asauchi at eye level and holding his bokken out infront of him, Jin was ready. Or at least he thought so
    Last edited by lodium; 27-04-2009 at 10:03 PM.

in the land of chocolate starfishes and hotdog flavored water

Tyler was high from the scent of Lodiums blood, his eyes closed and twitched. He kept growling, he fought off his animal instincts. He grabbed Lodium's arm, he flung Lodium over his shoulder. Drool globbed out from Tyler's mouth onto the ground. He walked into the Mansion, malikai and his pack followed. Took a minute to find a bed to put Lodium into "I think i'll be going back to the 2nd division Lodium" he said. He stepped out of the bedroom, he figured he'd wait a while before he left.

Raen started to walk again. It seemed no one was coming in her direction. which was perfect, it meant she would last longer! She walked past a couple of trees that looked like a heart shape.

"Ooooh, cute!" she said.

"Whats so cute about it?" she heard a voice. Damn, someone had found her!

Raen looked all around, but couldnt see anyone. She thought he was behand her, so she did a quick circle. Nope. She looked behind some trees, but nothing. It seemed he knew how to throw his voice, because he seemed to be talking from everywhere!

Raen turned around to see an upside down head. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" she screamed really high pitched.

He had his legs hooked around a tree branch and was hanging. He covered his ears as he flipped down infront of her, and got into a battle stance.

"Jesus lady! I need these ears!" he exclaimed to her with a annoyed look on his face. Raen was just shocked. He was a shinigami, one of the 7th's she saw earlier. She backed up quite a ways. And got into a fighting stance of her own.
    Get well soon Brent, I miss you alot.
    R.I.P Katie Peterson.

^^Set by CLAY^^

((JIN))

"A stick and an asauchi eh? " the man asked, picking up a nearby branch, about 2 inches in diameter and 5 feet long, it would do quite well.

"lets see what ya got!" he said, the end of the statement turning into a chuckle. Then, the stick swung around, the first swipe swinging in for his head, then, the second attack swung the bottom edge of the stick for his feet, aiming to take his legs out from under him. The upside to this, his power was limited, each blow wouldnt be enough force to knock him out cold. The bad part, the attacks were still quick, which would push jins defense.

---------

((RAEN))

"Well well little lady, gonna fight with just your hands? sounds fun!" he said excitedly. He was in a fighting stance, but it was a different form then the norm.

The first and foremost difference was the fact that he kept his hands open, palms exposed to the girl. Second was the fact that he was slightly rocking back and forth, lifting the non weight bearing leg at each end of his bouncing.

His fighting style would be something the girl would regret underestimating, she'd have to pick up on that quick.

And to start things off, the man shuffled his feet, then his foreleg, his left leg, shot out low, a kick aimed for her lower leg, the side of her shin to be more precise. was she observant enough to notice the subtle movements?

thanks again go to takuroONE from deviant art for the fantastic ava.

He managed to kick her right off the bat.

*He already hit me? Damnit!* she thought. She had to pay closer attention to the fight it seemed.

As the kick sweeped her legs out from under her, she planted her hands on the ground, and cartwheeled over. She smirked slightly. As she regained the foreground, she threw in a furry of punches.

She got ready to draw her Bokken, but not quit yet.

She planned on getting a bit astray of him to use her newly mastered white lightening kidou. She really liked it because it was quick, and easy to use. She had planned ahead of a bit of the things she was going to do already, and the fight had only just started!
    R.I.P Katie Peterson.

^^Set by CLAY^^

Personal Jesus

Just hilarious! It always was that way with them brain dead 7th division monkeys and it was obvious why - they used to be lead by the craziest monkey themselves before, a scar, you can't just erase or cover up.

So as the game had began and the cats had been sent after the mice, he had already used the kick in the rear as an advantageous leap right into the branches and with his small body - the perfect route to expand his lead over the obvious followers or the other mice in play. Nothing out of his possibilities. After all, you couldn't chase his reiatsu signature so that 7th brute was going to have a hard time in his task as he'd have to rely on his normal tracking abilities and how was he going to when he had no tracks to follow but just a direction. He'd definitely have to stop and that would've cost him valuable time, time that Kitsu was going to use to gear up...

And there were just the things he wanted to make in his head. Once the lead had been expanded enough, the boy was going to sit down and work on just those thoughts, which judging by his calculations wasn't going to be that far in the future. After all, he was, in fact, considering the possibility of him using flash step to move and that seriously lenghtened the lead he had to aquire to begin with.

By the looks of it the little space between some trees ahead was going to do him just right. The bag on his back had to be opened up somewhere and a scientist needed his space or not? Well, d'oh!

Rather in a hurry Kitsu started beating up and cutting some metal bars into pieces. The copies of his reiatsu edges weren't going to make themselves, yano? Oh, and making them retractable...well, there was the fun in it. Even more, they were going to have a hollow core to fit in some more fun. There were going to be bands to hold them onto his arms, too. If he could just manage to make those two beauties in time, the other modifications such as his rollers wouldn't be of that much importance, although the more he could manage to make, the higher his chances of success were going to be.

Man, you could give Kitsu a task and put some pressure onto it and watch him go. It was always a sight, a delightful sight. But how long was it going to last?

The running had been going on for a long enough time. Distance shouldn't be an issue anymore. With a small, untrained infusion of reiatsu into his legs, Linken jumped up into a tree to get a look. Everything seemed normal. Some students seemed to be wandering, while others hid. There would still be some trouble with trying to get some use from some other students.

Almost completely lost in thought, Linken nearly missed the slight sound of somebody approaching from behind announced by the crunch of a twig.

"And what, sir, would you have with me?" Linken laughed as a man 7'6" approached. The man was muscle with more muscle. This would be interesting to see what went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman
    DARK JANZA = Dorky Angry Retarded Kinkster Jack Ass Noob Zapping Assholes.

Lodium nodded as tyler placed him down. He was thankfull, and now that he was laid in bed he could rest and heal. Despite Lodium's lycan rengerative skills it would be a few days before he would be up on his feet.

Yurakai had entered the room by this time and was well on the way to performing the basic first aid that he knew. Giving a slight warm smile he silently thanked Yurakai. Looking up from his bed he searched the room for makoto. Now that things were being taken care of he could answer some of the boy's questions. Whatever they might be.

Dropping his head against the pillow, Lodium sighed. The next few days would be boring espically seen as Lodium didnt sleep that much.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Jin smiled as the 7th shinigami span a branch and brought it into play. This was going to be fun, the shinigami's strength against Jin previously 100kg weights.

The first blow came in. Excited and ready Jin brought his bokken up to defend the blow to his head. As the swing to his legs came Jin considered his options. He hadnt noticed yet but the shinigami's speed hadnt changed and as quick as Jin was he couldnt bring his bokken down to defend a second time.

Luckly for Jin his asauchi was at hand, swinging across to intercept the attack to his legs. As the branch connected Jin was surprised he blade didnt cut through the branch. Shocked Jin thrusted his Bokken at the shinigami's throat. However Jin was expecting the man to block it so he asuachi was ready to swing straight up to cut the shinigami.

Makoto followed behind Tyler, silent the entire way. When Lodium was laid down in his bed and treatment was applied, Makoto patiently waited outside of the building, just to the left of the door until Yurakai left. Makoto bowed to him as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

"I want to know what exactly you are working on that can cause that much damage. Even if its something you botched I am just too curious to let this go."

Makoto said as he sat down at the end of Lodium's bed. He wanted to get this wrapped up quickly so he could be getting back to his training, but that was going to be totally dependent upon Lodium's willingness to release this information to the noble student.

Self made sig and ava: Purple Haze Panda Daze

Tyler nodded to Makoto as he walked out of the room "It was a pleasure meeting you, i have to go back to the 2nd division, i will surely be punished for not heading their first". He had a strange feeling, he felt that something big was about to happen. He couldn't tell if it was good or bad, but it was big, he could feel it in his gut. He bid his farewell to Malikai and his pack, he released his shikai, which washed his reiatsu throughout the area, he disappeared using his chirping flashstep towards the 2nd.

Raen ran at him with her hand gripped on her Bokken. As she jumped up, she sent a sharp kick towards his jaw. After the kick, she ripped the Bokken out, and slashed downwards. She finished up, by flipping over him, and sliding across the ground.

She still had her Bokken out, in one hand. She had no idea if she hit him or not, but she went ahead for this anyways. She pointed her index, and middle finger out towards him. She was going to use her newly mastered kidou.

"Destructive Art #04: White Lightening!" she said. The lightning lashed out, and sped towards her enemy.
    R.I.P Katie Peterson.

^^Set by CLAY^^

Tyler had traveled for some time now, the amount of reiatsu it took to use his chirping flashstep was getting lower though. He was proud that his reiatsu control had grown so much. He could feel several weak reiatsu signatures and a few larger ones. He used his chirping flashstep again, he had over shot it.

Just as he exited the technique(Which would leave a student staggering from the reiatsu) he realized he had exited the technique in the direct path of a white lightning kidou. Tyler's eyes grew wide with surprise, and in the midst of the surprise, he slightly tripped up when the weight of his banryu caused his feet to sink several inches into the ground. He brought his hand up and coated it thick with reiatsu armor.

He redirected the lightning bolt into the sky, he looked at the 7th member "So the 7th has taken interest in terrifying the students?" he said with a chuckle. He looked over to Raen and nodded his head as if saying hello but had an apologetic gleam in his eye for exposing her to so much reiatsu, not only from his technique but by just standing near her with his shikai released. He regained his posture and spoke "Since i'm here".

He turned to the 7th member "If you talk to kaisen anytime soon, tell him Tyler would like to spar, for old time sake". He turned to Raen "Sorry for disrupting", an instant later Tyler disappeared, washing the two in the reiatsu from his chirping flashstep yet again. The only thing that showed the heading of the shinigami were two paralell lightning bolts from where he stood that vanished just as quickly as Tyler had disappeared.
    Last edited by Nuggett420; 29-04-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Lodium looked at Makoto with a curious look. Why did the boy care so much to know what had happened. Obviously Lodium wasnt going to tell him and for a long while he stayed silent.

Seing that makoto wouldnt leave without knowing Lodium decieded to break the boring silence.

"Well, i was experimenting with some kidou techniques. Upon some recent research i discovered i could use it with my aresenal of kidou. Although it went serveral wrong and nearly caused a rip within the space around me thus the explosion and my current condition."

Lodium had lied to the boy. But as far as makoto was concearned such techniques that Lodium was practising were out of Makoto's league. Looking back at makoto he smiled.

"but it failed and now im going to abandon the research. Honest!"

Lodium smiled, his face and body showed no signs of lying what so ever. PLus with Makoto graduated he wouldnt be able to tell from reiatsu either.

((Start new job today, wooo. but still going to be as active just posting times are going to change.))

Makoto could not tell if he was lying or not, but decided that what ever could have caused such a ruckus would be far beyond anything he was capable of physically learning right now anyway. Makoto nodded, seeming to accept Lodium's explanation.

"Just making sure that there was not a terrible enemy roaming about that did this to you. If that were the case then I think we would probably be kinda screwed since Tyler left and you are injured." Makoto said as he walked out of the building.

With a wave as the door shut, makoto headed back to the training area so that he could work on the kido a bit more. Sitting down in the middle of the training area with a single dummy in front of him, Makoto once again manifested the reiatsu spheres. He spun them about in their orbits around his body, and then began to increase their velocity. The exercises he had done had made him a bit stronger in manipulating the energy's velocity.

Faster and faster the spheres spun, a thin line of sweat formed on his brow from the required concentration. Suddenly, Makoto lost control of one of the golden reiatsu spheres that were zipping around his body. The sphere slammed into the door of the building, shaking the hinges. A dent was left in the door and the dull, ringing sound of a hard object hitting steel echoed through the courtyards. Not wanting his technique to be discovered incase somebody came to check on him, Makoto decided that he would work on the technique later.

"Destructive Art 30: Marikodos"

Muttering the incantation, Makoto slashed his arm as he had seen Lodium do in his demonstration of the technique. He pushed quite a bit of reiatsu into the technique so that it would work and after a moment, what seemed like rain coming down from the air itself in front of Makoto fell to the floor leaving cuts in the ground. It wasn't complete yet as both of the kido he was learning needed just a bit of tweaking.

"From the depths of the earth I call forth destruction, to attack thy enemy through the ground which they stand, blasting spell the twenty-fifth Earth Breaker!"

Slamming his hands into the floor, Makoto sent his reiatsu out in waves. The dummy that was set up far to his left lurched forwards just as the ground beneath it exploded upwards. The force of the explosion left tears in the dummy, most of them had the dummy been a shinigami rather than a training dummy would have been non-lethal, but enough so that the enemy would surely be shocked.

Makoto sat on the ground for a moment, catching his breath. He felt a bit drained, but he could feel himself getting stronger. A sly grin came over his face as he ran the battle through his mind against Amusai or even Kyto. Of course, the data he had on them was old right now, but the effect would be practically the same. When he returned, makoto was going to completely overwhelm them even if they were getting stronger.

"Prepare yourselves my friends..." He muttered to himself.

There was a smell of desperation in the air. Were those students running around in here? If the weaker reiatsu trails belonged to students, those harsher ones had to be full-fledged shinigami. The feel of the reiatsu signatures was fairly similar... meaning they probably were from one division. Now, Janza would have to guess 7th division... there was just that bloodthirsty feel in the air.

"I could use some of those students..." Janza sighed at the thought. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. Was the thought of using other people so unsettling to him? Thoughts that aren't very 2nd."

Laughing to himself, Janza put a burst of reiatsu into his legs. With the infusion of reiatsu came an increase of the crying. That only served to anger him more. Shattering the branch beneath him as he took off, he could almost feel the wisp of his soul. Now, where should he start? He was looking for a 12th shinigami, but he had no clue how to find him out here.

Oh well... maybe I should start with the other thing. Janza locked onto the closest reiatsu signature. At the same time, the crying had reached an incredible all consuming howl.

---------------------------------------------

A grayish-blue mist seemed to surround, and blanket, everything as far as the eye could see. What was that smell? Pine? Yeah, that, and it smelled like rain. As he opened his eyes the mist cleared up. What he stood on was a secluded piece of ground with some oddly colored buses all around... almost blood-red. To the left was a somewhat familiar lake that seemed to lack a normal horizon. It was like looking at the inside of a ball. Or maybe half of one.

On the right was a narrow trail, leading up a strange mountain. It was hard to place it. As he moved further down the trail, the view behind him began to distort. Long story short, he was lost. Wandering without a purpose, he could hear the crying sound come back. Following that sound was as good of a direction as any other.

Closing his eyes, he tried to clear the sound out. Of course, it didn't work. When he opened his eyes, there were no longer any trees around him. The trail was completely gone. What's more, he was on top of this strange mountain. How had he gotten to this point? A near lull in the constant sound alerted him to the presence behind him.

"Isn't this reminiscent of old times?" Janza laughed a bit as he saw a clouded figure. Last time he had seen things like this, Raija was covered by water. This time, there was a slight mist. Raija was stuck between looking like a man and a wolf. The funny thing was that he failed at looking like either, but it was hard to understand why. There wasn't much of a clear view anyway.

What he could see of Raija was the movement of his lips. As usual, he was trying to tell him something, but all that could be heard was a deep longing cry.

"I'm sorry... I failed..."

----------------------------------------------

Janza was sitting on a branch covering his reiatsu as much as he could. One of the struggling students was sitting in a tree across from him confronting one of those hot under the collar types that could only be one of the 7th.

In lodium's room there was light breathing coming from the corner. There was slight reoccuring reiatsu being emitted but its level was very low. Wrapped up on his bed, Lodium layed. His eyes were closed but he was not asleep, he was in a deep meditative state. He was concentrating on reiatsu signiture, Using the spirit particles in the air to paint a full blown picture in his mind.

Lodium had always been interested in the 7th in one way or another, but that was his lycan side of himself. Still with nothing to do Lodium watched from within his mind. And so it seemed the 7th were plaguing the students, typical!

Watching, a smile would appear on Lodium's face every now and then at the amusement of the fights and events. Lodium was even concentrating on more local surroundings, like the Ayer compound. It seemed good old makoto was emitting more than enough reiatsu for Lodium to fully understand what he was trying to accomplish. Smirking Lodium dropped it as he decieded he should let the boy have his secret.

Turning his attention back to the 7th so far away, Lodium had overlooked a reiatsu signiture. It was moving through the fight, and Lodium had only figured it as a student, but it was stronger than that, it was being supressed.

"Hm supressing reiatsu while moving through a battle field, sounds like taichou's old division."

With a blink Lodium eyes were open, gleaming dark murky yellow as his genetics were still at work fixing his body. Looking down, Lodium gave a self assesment of his injuries. It had been a good few days now, his leg was fully healed and most if not all of the cuts and bruises gone. All that was left was the puncture wound which thanks to Yurakai was practically healed.

Finally movement! For the last few days Lodium had layed still but now he was up, standing, staring out the window. Stretching out Lodium made his way to the closet. Yurakai had placed some clothing to Lodium's liking already for when he would wake. Smiling Lodium saw the shinigami uniform, plus his dark long blue robe.

Moments later Lodium emerged from his room. The clean crisp uniform of a shinigami standing before the door. His Zanpaktou's tucked it at waist instead of hidden in the sleeves. And of course, Lodium's dark long blue robe, much like a taichou's but the robe had no writting or anything, rested on his shoulders over his shinigami uniform. Then one last thing was noticeable about Lodium as he stood before the door. His 3rd seat badge was now worn on the right hand side of his chest, clearly visible for all to see.

Things seemed good to Lodium, he felt better, stronger, renewed and reconnected, but despite how good Lodium felt this compound hadnt been his home for years and now was the time to go home, back to the 12th. With a flash Lodium was standing outside makoto's training area. Sliding the door open Lodium greeted makoto with the simplist of messages.

"It's time to go find you a room in the 12th, dont ya think?"
    Last edited by lodium; 30-04-2009 at 05:44 PM.

"Destructive Art 30: Marikodos"

Makoto casted the kido again, tweaking his reiatsu just a slight bit so that his target was directly in the center of the effect of the kido. The training dummy was seemingly sliced to pieces from the quiet sound of the rain. Having reached an acceptable level in the kido for now, it was time to get down his other kido.

"From the depths of the earth I call forth destruction, to attack thy enemy through the ground which they stand, blasting spell the twenty-fifth Earth Breaker!"

Slapping his hands on the floor, the already torn up training dummy was ripped apart by the force of the second kido Makoto casted. Of course, when he got some time back in the 12th, Makoto would practice his arsenal of kido so as to stay at the top of his game.

Just as Makoto formatted the orbs in his hands, he felt Lodium's spiritual pressure at his doorstep. Quickly, he let the technique dissapate so as to not reveal what exactly he was doing. As Lodium stepped through the door and asked about finding Makoto a room in the 12th, Makoto quickly rose to his feet and bowed.

"That would be something interesting to do. I want to thank you for the opportunity to come out to your families manor for training. Though I could have trained on my own for this time, I have to say, I would not have reached the level I am on by myself. SO, Thank you Lodium sensei." Makoto said bowing.

Rising back to his full height, his hair hung down a little past his shoulders. Overall, he needed to tend to some personal grooming once getting back to the Seireite and after that, a little trip to see his friends would be in order.

"I am ready when you are Lodium." Makoto said as he secured his golden zanpakuto to his hip.

Lodium smiled as he felt Makoto's reiatsu dropped from the sudden interupption from his training. Smiling Lodium walked the few paces towards makoto, he had a wicked smile on his face, yet his facial features looked gentle.

Lodium's hand reached out graspin for Makoto's shoulder, Lodium's reiatsu raised slightly but not by much ready for the trip ahead. He knew makoto would grimaceand what not for the high speed shynpou. Maybe along the way Lodium could practise his technique but infront of makoto it was slightly risky.

"OKay lets go, we will take it easy so it will take longer to arrive but meh we get there when we get there."

Lodium's hand finally rested on Makoto shoulder and not a second later they were gone, heading back through the edge towards rukongai and from there they would stop.

Well well well...

It seemed like the shinigami Janza was looking for was on the move. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try and meet up with the guy in his division.

"Ugh, last time I went there, I had to fight some moron." Smiling to himself, Janza sprung into action. Something told him that he was going to want this particular student to come along... even if it was a whim. The 7th shinigami facing the student down was huge... maybe even close to 8'.

They have some beasts over there.

With a reiatsu enhanced arm, Janza blocked a lazy punch from the shinigami aimed at the student. "Sorry to bother you, but I need to make use of this small one."

((I don't want to steal the students away from you Shane, so I am just gonna take my student with me. If you want any of the kiddies to have fun, send them to the Academy or West Rukongai.))

"Kid," Janza glanced at Linken as he spoke, "There is an upcoming training mission that you might have interest in. With that, Janza poured his reiatsu into his legs and took off for the 12th. What accompanied him was the eerie lament.

Raija...

((I am assuming that you are kinda pulling makoto along...))

It wasn't the same as being forcefully carried by shyunpo, but it was a little more acceptable. Makoto tried his best to keep up as Lodium pulled him along away from the compound. He was eager to reach the twelfth. Now that he thought about it, Makoto needed to do some reseach so that he could finish his project with Nicho taichou.

Already, Makoto was beginning to lose himself in thought as he began to make a plan. He needed to do a bit of researching on hollows and zanpakuto so that he could complete the vizard cure he had been working on since before he had left. It was a bit of a newbie mistake really, he had been trying to create a cure for a disease he had not fully understood. But, he felt a bit more confident in his abilities after this enlightening training session with Lodium.

"Are... are there students training with shinigami a little ways from here?" Makoto asked as he used a little more reiatsu to be able to keep up with Lodium's quick pace. Or rather, it was not a quick pace for Lodium, but rather a quick pace for Makoto.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast