Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2168

Thread: Konoha Mura - Shinobi Academy (2 year skip)

Default Re: Konoha Mura - Shinobi Academy (2 year skip)

Tenshiru was still feeling a bit uneasy about the said lesson. Caine was an expert at ambushing and creating traps. And had remembered when he had showed her how to create a trap for the very first time. Tenshiru glanced over at Ran as he ranted with enthusiasm. She carefully listened to everything Aoi-Sensei had said, but felt a little unsure about herself. "I am fairly good at creating traps, but I 'm just not sure if I 'm good enough." she thought to herself.

~xX I truly have no voice. Xx~

Jiraiya FC Owner!

SS Angel: Kitsutchi Mao (Post#248)
    KM Angel: Tenshiru Hiromu (Post#346)

Kaisen carefully observed everything that happened before him. This time, he wasn’t surprised so much by seeing the clone Aoi-sensei had made. It allowed the boy not to draw attention away from the trap itself, and he tried to notice every detail of this simulation. The tags blew up with a loud bang, taking the whole tree with them. He even felt the blast with his body. Sensei had sure made her point.

But the way that clone recklessly charged at the tree couldn’t be possible in a real situation, Kaisen thought.

It would prove much more reliable to find a way to detonate those explosions yourself, while watching from a hideout. It would be easy then to decide on the moment when the target was near enough, as the radius of explosion covered a large area.

The boy didn’t have a chance to express these thoughts to Aoi-sensei, as Rangoku had already asked a question. This boy was sure asking a lot of questions.

Ina listened carefully to the explanation the female sensei was giving. She had to. She was never good with weapons, nor was she at fighting. She would definetly need extra help.

Following the Sensei, she watched as she set the tags, and soon the clone. Following it with her eyes, the explosion caught her off guard as she backed up, covering her face with her smooth fore arms. "Tch" A small noise made from her as if the explosion disturbed her.

Startled a bit, she awaited further instuction on the class, afraid to be setting up these traps.
    Through training comes mastery. Through mastery, comes victory.

Isamu was observed this situation from distance. Close enough to be there if needed and far enough to give Jin chance to work this on his own. Creativity and ability to work through things fast was key factor here. And also always in missions.

But would Jin realize bunshins were able to read Jin's movements and thoughts too. This could be really interesting.

Jin stood there quietly as he awaited the choking fumes to take effect. Jin soon heard his bunshin dispersing, it seems the shadow clones threw a kunai. Jin fired an arrow in the direction of the kunai. But he came up with nothing this time. "Those kage bunshins will be troublesome. Maybe i was lucky a while ago to have caught that one off guard. Damn them". Jin said as he started moving around a bit. Jin then hid himself amongst amongst a couple of trees in the area. he would listen out for the movements of kage bunshins. "If this is a reflection of Isamu sensei. Then just how skilled is he. He must be pretty strong himself". . Jin thought to himself as he scanned the area. he stated moving into a flanking position.

Soon after a shuriken were sent flying towards Jin. The young Shinryu had to dodge it, while sending an arrow in the direction where the shuriken came from. "I see they are not playing. I like this type of training. I hate the childish stuff". Jin said with a smirk on his face. This seemed like a real battle simulation. But jin could tell that the shuriken wasn't thrown to hurt him. Its more like a test for him of some sort. The cloud of smoke started to clear up after a while. Jin had to hid himself, behind a couple of trees. He needed to find his opponents first.
    "Maybe i should create the choking fumes again. Maybe it could work". Jin thought to himself as he stood there patiently, trying to anticipate the opponents move.

Join the Soul Society role play section pwease I Guarantee you'll like it .

Aoi thought to herself as the blast wind caught her hair and flapped it in the wind, she might have overdone it with 4 tags. Instead of 4 she would need to knock it down to 2 tags for the kids.

"Yes, but what i was demonstrating to you is, laying wires can also be a way to trick the enemy. If the enemy sees the wires, he wont suspect motion sensitivity and will just try to by pass the wires and get caught by the motion sensitivity."

Aoi reached into her pouch and produced 8 exploding tags and 4 small spools of exploding tags. She handed 1 spool to each kid and 2 exploding tags. She had what she thought to be brilliant plan, the kids after hearing it once, should be capable of setting up an effective trap if they listened closely to what she said.

"What i want you to do is, head out into the woods and try to do whatever you can to hide or conceal yourself. The hole point of laying a trap is to catch your enemy before he is able to reach you, a very effective way of doing that is to hide so they cannot find you, which will buy you the time needed for your enemy to fall into your trap. I want you to first though, set up an explosive tag trap, remember, the wire is there to trick the enemy, the tag will have a motion sensor to capture the enemy after he is fooled. And actually, if you want to, you can multi layer traps, use double trap wires, lay one to trick the enemy into thinking it is the wire when the actual wire is hidden below it hidden away in it's shadow."

Aoi paused for a second, she thought to herself. Maybe it would be a good idea to go over just 2 more traps before she let them go.

"O.K. i'll go over 2 more quick traps before i send you out, after this lesson we will be moving on to more complicated traps. The first of the two traps is known as a pit fall. Dig a deep enough hole to catch an enemy inside of it, then once that has been achieved conceal it with branches, or use branches as a base to lay dirt over the top of it. The second one is, the flash tag trap, it is like an exploding tag and is also motion sensitive.

She reached into her pouch and pulled out 12 flash tags, 3 for each student. She quickly handed them out before continuing her lecture.

" You can also apply it to a kunai or throwing weapon of sorts so as to blind an enemy during combat. The purpose of the flash tag is to blind the enemy for a few seconds so as to perform an ambush, or stall for a longer escape time, and even as a distraction if needed."

Aoi took a quick breath, then she quickly added

"Now go off and hide from me, i will be sending in shadow clones in 30 minutes to hunt you down and tag you. Try to use your trap to catch the clone off guard and stop it in any way possible, don't be afraid to go for the kill, it's only a shadow clone."
    Last edited by crackrjakk; 06-09-2008 at 04:43 PM.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."
    George Carlin

in the land of chocolate starfishes and hotdog flavored water

Rangoku smiled "It's all about strategy" Rangoku muttered he turned to Tenshiru "Good look, Tenshi-chan, i've already got a plan in mind" he said he he began jogging into the forest. Every second Rangoku was thinking of places he was familiar with "Homefield advantage" he thought to himself as he headed towards the forested area near his clan's neighborhood. It was there that he'd make his plans, already he began taking off his clothes. The purpose of this was obvioud when Ran grabbed as much stuff as he could to stuff inside the clothing "Misdirection" he said as he smiled.

Upon finishing the dummy of himself he realized that it had no head "Easy fix" he thought. He positioned the dummy of himself near a bush, it appeared as if Rangoku was sticking his head in it. Rangoku looked at his dummy proudly, he had 2 explosive tags stuck in the elastic of his boxers and 2 kunai in between his teeth. He then jumped up to a high branch on a tree that was just far away for him to watch in silence, he'd placed an explosive tag on the dummy version of himself, the other tag he had attached to one of his kunai which was ready in hand, it was then that he began to have doubts about his plan, then, it hit him "GENIUS!!!" he thought.

He stood up from his hiding spot and unwrapped the explosive tag from the handle of his kunai. He stood looking at the dumy of himself theorizing as he scanned the area around him, he smirked "Mathematics are a ninja's best friend" he thought placing an explosive tag on a tree somewhat nearby. His whole plan was to use himself as bait for the shadow clone, he would lure the shadow clone just enough and activate the tag on the tree from a safe distance away in elevated hiding "Higher ground is a stronger position" he thought", when he yells in pain, the shadowclone would worry the student was hurt, then it lifts the dummy wearing Rangoku's clothes, the tag on it will go off taking out the dummy. He stood ontop a tree near his neighborhood, with the familiar sites and sounds Rangoku truly had an advantage. He waited for the slightest hint of one of his senseis shadowclones coming nearby.

Aoi stood up, it had been 30 minutes. She mauled it over in her head for a little while, thinking about which one she should track and find first. They would all be very interesting to track, that was for sure.

"Well, i think my first choice will be... the cheeky little boy, Rangoku."

She performed the proper hand seals
    "Kage Bunshin no-jutsu"A puff of smoke appeared next to her and before it even had time to disappear 4 figures came shooting out of it in a flash darting off into the woods. The first shadow clone would track down Rangoku, the trick was, would it get caught in his trap or not?

The clone jump from tree branch to tree branch scanning the ground, it had easily picked up the boys foot prints, he hadn't been careful enough to think about that. As it jumped from tree to tree it noticed Rangoku sticking out from a bush.

"So the boy still hadn't even set up the trap? I gave him 30 minutes to set up traps and he still hadn't gotten them set up."

The clone jumped down from the tree and headed for the boy. As it neared him there was an explosion and it heard what it thought to be the scream of Rangoku. The clone darted forward through the smoke and debree the explosion had caused and grabbed Rangoku by the seat of his pants and lifted him up to check and see if he was ok.

The second the clone gave a jerk on his pants a great explosion went off. The clone was caught dead in the face and blasted turning into a puff of smoke that was quickly swallowed up by the explosion.Back outside the forest Aoi smiled, it seemed as if she had actually been deceived.

"He was a clever one, he knew that if i figured one of my students was in trouble that i would naturally try to help them. He purposely set off the explosion and let out a scream from somewhere else im guessing. He had one of the explosive tags set inside a dummy that he set up in the bush." Aoi chuckled a little to herself.

"You pass this test, little cheeky one."
    Last edited by crackrjakk; 09-09-2008 at 10:25 PM.

George Carlin

Ran jumped up and down in celebration "If you can't outsmart them, try harder" he said smiling. He then realized he had destroyed his clothes and his equipment. He began sniffling "My" 'sniffle', "My skateboard" big wet tears formed in his eyes 'sniffle' "don't cry" 'sniffle' "It's just a skateboard" 'sniffle' "Don't cry what will sensei and the others think?" 'sniffle'. For 10 grueling minutes Rangoku fought back the tears as he walked back towards the real Aoi sensei, finally his eyes stopped watering, he thought he heard something off in the distance "People still aren't done with their traps?" he thought to himself.

He exited the forest to see Aoi sensei standing there, wearing nothing more than a pair of boxers with kunai tucked in the elastic. He smiled at Aoi sensei, he looked down at himself, nothing but a silky pair of boxers keeping him decent, he shivered a bit "I never realized how chilly the wind can be" he said crossing his arms "How did i do Aoi sensei? satisfactory?" he asked with a curious look on his face.

Class 1 & 2 Sensei: Asano Shinya - RPed by BrokenAngel

• Mizake Tatsuo (HIDDENMISTDEMON)
    Class 3 Sensei: Yamaguchi Akira - RPed by Martzu

• Yukou (Kyousei) Atsusa (GeninNaruto)
    • Houjou Satoko (krozar)
    • Hanahadashii "Ita" Itazura (waqo)
    • Iki Seishou (Sasuke's Legacy)
    • Nekomigaja Kisu (Martzu)
    • Tenkuu Makenki (crackrjakk)
    • Noriyuki Sakumo (Gaja 90)
    Class 4 Sensei:Yamakawa Aoi - RPed by crackrjakk

• Uindo Shiori (akio-sama)
    • Takeru Ryu (Oirad)
    • Yuzuuru "Yuzu" Kasumi (v.DS)
    • Harper Rangoku (Rai-deshou)
    • Tenshiru Hiromu (sweetyknight)
    • Romanov Surorov (shaun903)
    • Romanov Andreyevich (Dale903)
    • Ryabko Tatiana (Jessica903)
    • Tomoharu Ina (Bbenjii)
    • Makoto Kumiko (Ranmaru)
    • C.C (Corinna Cook) (Jackcook01)
    • Yukino Natsuki (Ycagel)
    • Hayashi Kaisen (Kaisen)
    Class 5 Sensei: Ishika Shuji - RPed by crackrjakk

• Aburame Zach (LRsound)
    • Dasanteki Heisei (13lood Demon)
    • Inuzuka Hitori (cymczka)
    • Nara Kumori (Gaara’s Sand)
    • Nara Hayao (flame16)
    • Ura Sentetsu (Uryu Quincy)
    • Miyagi Genji (BrokenShadow)
    • Ginookami (SL.x)
    • Unagi Seppan (Genjutsu Ops)
    • Yamanaka Keira (BrokenAngel)
    • Yukou Takuro (Jounin-Kakashi)
    • Taiki Raiken (Yojiasha)
    • chūsei-ryu ronin (shane)
    • Valentine Garret (Nicho Kiennes)
    • Takagra Marik (Hyura)
    • Kazuku (kazofblood)
    • Nanashi Kensaka (Kogana)
    • Shinriyu Jin (Victory21) learned HnJ and KnJ
    • Yondai Mikaze (Mikaze) HnJ
    • Mishima Asuka (Ycagel)
    • Shinriyu Tobimaru (Tobimaru)
    Class 6 Sensei: Kawanowa Yoshio - RPed by crackrjakk

• Fletcher Louis (ShadowNIN) learned BnJ, HnJ
    • Kousetsu Kohaku (Mythical Kitten)
    • Makenki Tenkuu (crackrjakk)
    • Munashii Danshoku (Zamoth) learned BnJ
    • Nara Yahiko (Crossover2)
    • Nara Kali (Bops)
    • Kaen Lawliet (hadesflames)
    • Sumu-Zu Roiyaru (Q Diff)
    • Kasaya Akadou (Kasaya)
    • Bouryokudan Kuroi (bacon9)
    • Shiranui Kenji (Kenji S.) learned BnJ
    • Yamanaka Sumichi (Sohikiyu) HnJ
    • Zekfryn Aleanrahel (Ryūkishi)
    • Excessum Nagashi De UmbraNox (UmbraExcessum)
    • Nizru Niro (vAiz)
    - I try to keep up with what every character have learned by marking it after characters name on the student list. You should check it out in case I have forgotten or missed someone's posts. If so, poke me through PMs and I'll fix it.
    - Classes 5 and 6 will go on as usual. Characters are learning jutsus unless something else is going on with them =P

Reminder

• jutsu lessons are meant only to students in classes 5 & 6
    • wonderboys and wondergirls are studying somewhere else, Konoha Mura Academy has no one as promising as Sasuke or no one with such s strong stamina than Naruto. So make it believable in Naruverse.
    • make most of your learning time. Nice, long detailed post of the learning experience will make all of Academy senseis happy. And happy sensei is good sensei.
    • You can use any of the lecturers as your own NPC to make most of the experience.

Hint to write learning posts: You can tell how forming chakra feels, what feels easy and what difficult to your student when learning the jutsu. Also responding to the actual lecture impress sensei, because it means someone have been listening.

Jutsu lectures:

Loudspeaker was turned on. “Students of class 5 and 6, it is time for jutsu lectures. In class 305 is Kawarimi no jutsu, 307 is Henge no jutsu and 310 is Bunshin no jutsu lecture.”

Note: character can only take one lecture at the time.

Class 305

Lecturer Takahiki watched as students stared to find a seat and let them put on equipments to make notes before he started.

“Good day to you all, boys and girls. I am lecturer Takahiki and today I will introduce to you Kawarimi no jutsu.”

He walked to the door and looked at the hallway. No late arrivals, good. He closed the door and walked back behind lecturers table facing his audience.

“Kawarimi no jutsu is also known as Change of Body Stance Technique. In this jutsu shinobi will substitute themselves with an another object. It is mostly used in situations where shinobi needs distraction, either to flee or to get to the goal.

“As you have learned chakra is combination of energies in our bodies. Part of it comes from your physical body and another part comes from mental and spiritual energy. To perform an any level of jutsu, user has to put these two energies together and release them. Amount of chakra you need depends on many things, like jutsu’s difficulty level, size and how complex it is. Basic ingredient in every jutsu is usage of your chakra. And the key to making desired jutsu is correct hand seals.”

Lecturer showed jutsus hand seals to the students.

”Now we well practice these for awhile.”

He sat down to observe students and how they managed to pull it thru. When all seemed to practise enough he got up again.

”To perform a jutsu you need to put together your chakra and hand seals. And now it’s time show me what you can do, please.”

Class 307

When all students had arrived to the class lecturer Hanuri closed door behind them and walked in front of them.

“Good morning everyone. It is good to see so many of you here willing to learn one of the basic ninjutsus, Henge no jutsu. Henge no jutsu is transformation technique. It allows ninja to transform into any person or object. Two biggest benefits of it are how it allows ninja to move with stealth and to trick opponents. Only limit it has is users imagination.”

Lecturer Hanuri looked around to see how students were taking his words.

“As you have learned here in Academy, chakra is combination of energies in our bodies. Part of it comes from your physical body and another part comes from mental and spiritual energy. To perform an any level of jutsu, user has to put these two energies together and release them. Amount of chakra you need depends on many things, like jutsu’s difficulty level, size and how complex it is. Basic ingredient in every jutsu is usage of your chakra. And the key to making desired jutsu is correct hand seals.”

”Now I let you practise these for a while.”

He walked among students to see how they were doing. He gave signs of encouragement and acceptance to when he saw it was needed. When all seemed to practise enough he got back to his place.

”To perform a jutsu you need to put these together. Releasing your chakra and making hand seals.”

He looked around and smiled.

”Now, show me what you can do, please.”

Class 310

Hajosiko Moposi looked after children getting into class. And everyone was right on time, so eager to learn. When last one had taken seat he started.

”Good day to you all academy students. My name is Hajosiko Moposi. And today you will learn theory of Bunshin no jutsu, clone technique.”

Lecturer Hajosiko drank sip of water before he continued.

“In bunshin shinobi creates identical copy of himself or herself without substance. Copy can act just as the original to the point where it is attacked or comes into contact with an opponent. Then it will disperse.”

He looked every student and there seemed not to be any questions.

“As you have learned here in Academy, chakra is combination of energies in our bodies. Part of it comes from your physical body and another part comes from mental and spiritual energy. To perform an any level of jutsu, user has to put these two energies together and release them. Amount of chakra you need depends on many things, like jutsu’s difficulty level, size and how complex it is. Basic ingredient in every jutsu is usage of your chakra. And the key to making desired jutsu is correct hand seals.”

”Now you will practise these for a while. So lets practise.”

He went to see how they were doing closer. Everyone was familiar with hand seals to some point so it didn’t take long for him to get back on his seat at front of the class.

”To perform a jutsu you need to put these two together. Releasing your chakra and making hand seals.”

He showed them how it should be done.

”And now its your turn to start practice one of the most useful jutsus in ninjutsus history.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isamu grinned, he admitted he was excited to see Jin's approach to this situation. Boy may be young but he had fresh ideas. Isamu didn't want to interfere in any way. Unless things somehow run out off hands, but he doubted that. Not with someone who was as careful and skilled as Jin.

Fumes were good way to practise. It forced to use other methods to find out opponent. Skill very useful later on for shinobi.

"Its time for me to get serious". Jin said as he pulled out an arrow and loaded it. The area would become a little battlefield in a moment. Jin would start using the Blasting impact technique. Maybe then he would be able to get the shadow clones, with effect from the blast. Jin stood there quietly as he started to channel his shoryu energy. He could feel it as it flowed through his body. Jin would now use the shoryu energy as a supplement to fire his bow with more power behind it. Jin moved into to position as he came out of hiding this time. It was time to put the shoe on the other foot.

Just listened out for any slight movements. He walked through the area carefully. He was on the hunt for the two remaining kage bunshins. But it seems they were hiding themselves also. But suddenly there was a sudden movement, it would seem one of the shadow clones decided to show themselves. Jin took aim at the kage bunshin. Bue he figured more or less it was a trap. The one in front of him would be a decoy, while the other would catch him off guard. As Jin prepared to fire off an arrow at the Kage bunshin in front. He was anticipating the appearance of the other one.

An arrow was sent flying towards the kage bunshin. But they were much faster than Jin originally thought. The Blasting impact clashed with a near by tree and exploded. But Jin still didn't get his target this time. "These two will be troublesome. I need to outsmart them somehow. But this is Isamu sensei, i doubt he will ever be outsmarted by me currently". Jin then prepared another arrow. It was time to eliminate the shadow clones.

[This will be really short, since I have to go Dx but I really wanted to post for my loves <3]

Ina grabbed what was given and thought about them each as she tried to imagine how to use them. Next she heard that they had to make a trap and got 30 minutes. As soon as sensei said go, she dashed off shoving the things held in her hands, straight into her pocket.

"Darnit...My trap won't be the best." She complained to herself as she ran for three minutes.

"Kay, I'll do a hole trap." She used her Kunai to dig for 10 minutes. Having a....well...somewhat decent hole, she'd set two bomb tags in there. Climbing to the top, she'd begin to cover it with weak leaves and branches.

"Okay...I got that down. I need to add something....maybe the ninja wire." She said as she made the thin line with a bomb tag tied to one of the rocks. Therefore if tripped, an explosion would happen. She set this trap in 17 minutes , near the hole hoping the enemy would jump in.

She then quickly jumped and burried herself in a fern near a tree. Studying her trap...she knew it wasn't the best...thank goodness creativity and intelligence kicked in. Hell she didn't know if the trip wire and bomb would work. It wasn't the best place to hide ninja wire.

"I hope to get better at this." She quietly whispered, determined to jump her enemy if anything with shuriken.
    Through training comes mastery. Through mastery, comes victory.

Aoi quickly turned her back to Rangoku, the boy was half naked! "Maybe this will teach him to carry a spare pair of clothes with him." She Turned around ignoring the fact the boy was naked, she was mature enough to answer him before sending him off to find a new pair of clothes.

"Yes, you did very well, the trap you set up was well planned out. Now please run along somewhere and find another pair of clothes, i wont have a student of mine looking so foolish." She finished with a smirk on her face, she then turned around and looking around found a stump to sit on.

-----

The second clone jumped from tree to tree scanning the ground and the woods for a sign of Ina. Once again they had forgotten to travel in the trees or at least mask their tracks. The clone stopped on a branch and scanned the area, it noticed that an explosive tag was set up on a rock in plain site.

The clone jumped down landing on the ground, it walked towards the tag, it's goal to remove the tag and dispose of it. As the clone neared it the ground gave way, before the clone new what was happening it had planted one foot on the opposite side of it and had began to fall backwards into the hole.

Reacting quickly the clone threw it's weight backwards and grabbed the back of the hole with it's hands and flipping backwards landing on the same side it had started from. So stunned by the incident the clone when it approached the tag one more time after jumping the hole, failed to notice the trip wire attached to the tag and stepped down directly on it. The explosion caught the clone in the side blowing it sideways only to puff into smoke that soon cleared.

Back at the edge of the forest Aoi smacked her head, the clone completely forgot to check for trip wires after being caught off guard by the hole. The student passed this time, but she would need to take her aside and give her a few pointers on trap strategy, the opponent wouldn't always mess up like the clone had.

George Carlin

Main purpose was to keep things interesting enough for Jin-kun. Using too much power would be like smashing an acorn with a sledgehammer. And when whole point is to train then destructive ways were not good choice.

This would be interesting to see. Would kage bunshins team up or go after Jin-kun individually. Isamu wanted so badly take part of this, but he had to keep his distance. This was meant for Jin-kun alone.

Rangoku nodded with a smile, he began running back into the forest, the shortcut to his clan district. He was glad his sensei praised him "Thinking things out well is one of my specialties, of course my plan was well thought out, I'm the heir to the Harper clan" he thought arrogantly to himself. Upon entering his district he noticed a lot of his clan mates were staring at him, he blew them off, they disowned him for trying to become a ninja and walking into the district half naked wouldn't help.

He entered his house and quickly ran up stairs, his father heard him come in "Rangoku! did you get kicked out of the academy?" the notion made Rangoku laugh "Dad i just passed a test with flying colors, in order for my strategy to have worked efficiently i needed to remove most of my clothes and have them destroyed, I'm just changing my outfit" his dad fell to his knees and began to cry "That's dedication my son, I'm so happy you're moving forward" 'sniff, sniff' Rangoku quickly made it to the bottom of the stairs with a new outfit, backpack and skateboard "All i need to learn now is the history of warfare" he said "And i can advance to the next class" he said happily "I'll be a highly respected ninja before you know it dad"

He began running back to class, he heard explosions in the distance "Sounds like those shadow clones are getting a run for their money from someone" he said smiling as he exited the Harper clan district. He jumped into the air and grabbed his skateboard off his backpack and landed on the skateboard and quickly picked up speed "I need an all terrain skateboard" he though laughing. He finally made it back to the academy, he waved at Aoi sensei and did a kickflip and reattached the skateboard to his backpack before his feet landed firmly on the ground. He sat down near Aoi sensei and grabbed a a book from his back entitled Basic chemistry Vol. 2 he read the book diligently hoping that everyone would hurry up.

Meanwhile, in a distant part of the forest, Kaisen was preparing to meet Aoi-sensei’s clone with the trap he had made…

A bit more than half an hour ago, the boy headed deeper into the woods, right after his sensei had described the assignment. He carefully examined the pair of explosive tags in his hand, along with three flash tags. Those were the real things, as far as the student could tell. There was now a spool in his possession, too. He felt slightly uneasy while holding items of such destructive power but he tried to ignore the feeling as he had an important task to complete.

While putting everything inside his jacket’s side pocket, which he was still carrying in his left hand, Kaisen noticed that there was already something inside. A pair of kunai! They were probably left there from the earlier throwing weapon practice. How could he not notice this? He must have been more tired than he thought back then. Kaisen moved the kunai into another pocket, and finally put on his light brown jacket. His white T-shirt would serve as a poor camouflage, after all.

Kaisen wasn’t a quick thinker and had to go through many different ideas before coming up with a worthy plan, but the further he went away from his sensei and the other students, the more effective his thinking became. He walked for quite a while, until it seemed far enough. Calmed by the nature around him, he sat down under a nearby tree and began to sort everything that had come up in his mind on the way here.

They all were given 30 minutes for assembling their traps, meaning that there were around 25 minutes left. Kaisen tried to revise all that he knew about traps. He had already been caught into one of sensei’s simplest traps, had seen how she worked on a more elaborate one and was more or less introduced to Kage Bunshin technique.

The purpose of traps is to take advantage of someone’s lack of attention and draw them to a position where you have the upper hand, to the point when they can no longer escape. Kaisen recalled his own words, which summarized his knowledge in trap-making, and decided to guide by them.

The clones that would soon seek for Kaisen’s and other students’ locations are precise copies of Aoi-sensei. He would have hard time luring someone of her rank into some amateur’s trap. The only reasonable approach was to take sensei by surprise. To gain advantage of her weaknesses, the same way she had taken advantage of his a few hours ago.

Aoi-sensei made her Kage Bunshins charge at the previous traps only to demonstrate their effects. There was no way he could gain any useful information from it. In fact, he had never seen his sensei in action. It was his first day at the Academy, after all.

Wait, I have seen her make traps! A sudden realization came upon Kaisen.

When she set up a trap for him, it was very common and, as he later concluded, easily avoidable. He fell for it, and it supposedly approved Aoi-sensei’s opinion of him. She evidently thought of Kaisen as a small, inexperienced kid. Well, he was inexperienced and comparatively small, but he was smart enough to know that she wouldn’t expect anything much from him. If he would decide to make sort of a double trap, where a well thought-out trap would be concealed behind a really blunt one, there would be a considerable chance of Aoi-sensei falling for it. That’s what he thought, and that’s what he did.

He ran up to an area where trees were growing more densely, an obvious spot for a trap. The boy then took the wire and attached its end to a tree, almost at the ground level, and stretched it all over to another tree, where he cut the surplus length with his kunai and tied up the other end to the lowest branch. Kaisen continued same actions at different heights between other trees trees, in order to cover most of the area in sort of a semicircle.

Soon it was done, and the area could only be entered or left using a single pathway, if one would try avoiding the wires, that is. He hoped that Aoi-sensei will believe all wires to be connected to explosive tags. In reality, it was nothing more than a decoy.

Kaisen appeared to be almost out of wire. He had to utilize it with care. Using it to attach explosive tags to both kunai, the student started setting up flash tags. He connected all three to a single wire that he laid on the ground, over the spot which was clear from decoy wires. It was then concealed by leaves with great care. When that wire would loosen, flash tags set on trees along the pathway would go off, facing into three different directions.

Soon he heard an explosion coming from somewhere in the woods.

It has begun, Kaisen thought, as he was attaching the explosive-tagged kunai to two longer wires. These last pieces of wire were hanged over some tree branches well above ground level, and the boy still held on to the other ends of both wires. One kunai was placed directly above the concealed wire that would activate flash tags, while the other was placed further down the pathway. Finally, he left his white T-shirt under some bush, leaving himself covered with jacket, and found a good hiding spot right in the middle of decoy traps. Sensei would never look for him there. Strained down the trees, wires he was holding in hands were barely visible. If there was a game he was good at when he was a child, then it was hide-and-seek. So he did his best to dig into the moss and conceal himself in the bushes. It felt a bit breezy without any shirt on, but Kaisen tried to stay motionless.

His plan was to wait for Aoi-sensei’s clone in there. After coming here, it should immediately detect the multitude of wires all around the area and choose the optimal route between them, approaching the place where the boy’s white T-shirt was lying, mostly concealed by a bush, so that it would seem like Kaisen had managed to partially hide in it. Aoi’s clone would move down the pathway, with all attention drawn towards avoiding fake trap wires, and wouldn’t notice the kunai hanging above it. When it would come close enough, Kaisen would release the wire in his right hand and a kunai would fall down to the ground, hitting another wire and severing it. In the next moment, flash tags would go off and the boy would release his grip of the second wire. Kage Bunshin, blinded by flashes, would swiftly move away from the explosive tag, using the same route, only backwards, not noticing that another kunai had already landed behind him.

Kaisen heard another explosion rumble in the distance. He could be the next one Aoi’s clone would decide to pay a visit.

"What should i do next?". Jin stood there as he contemplated his next move. Suddenly the young man started forming a couple of hand seals. "Setsunai kemuri no jutsu-choking fumes technique". Jin shouted as he spewed forth a cloud of smoke that started to envelop a small portion of the area. He would then use the choking fumes as a cover. Jin took out an arrow, but didn't prepare it to fire. He left himself opened from all directions. he was relying on something to happen. He himself were unsure if something like that would ever work. Jin hid himself in the cloud of smoke, but he could be seen from a certain angle. It simply meant that he wasn't exactly hiding, but trying to set a trap.

Jin moved himself into position. If someone were to observe him, it would seem like he was cautiously approaching his enemies. Jin listened carefully, monitoring his surroundings. He would use his ears for his eyes. He didn't have a bloodline technique that could sharpen his hearing. But what he had were just patience. Using the smoke as a cloak, Jin completely hid himself in the cloud of smoke. He was no longer in plain view. "Kawarimi no jutsu". Jin whispered to himself. He then substituted himself with the arrow he took out earlier.

He would then use the Kawarimi as a trap. Jin managed to hid himself close by so that he could observe what was happening. He prepared himself o fire again. Only this time he loaded regular arrows. He also wouldn't rely on the shoryu energy. Perhaps if he did, the clones would sense it. And his plan would be ruined. The only thing now, were to simply let the smoke clear and wait for the kage bunshins to take the bait.
    Last edited by Victory21; 14-09-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Isamu was as patient as Jin. Obviously something was going on. That could be seen, but how would kage bunshins react to this. Could they see if this was possible trap or something else. Had those find a way to communicate with each others.

What Isamu could tell, those two were not communicating. What he could see from his observating point kage bunshin closer to Jin was heading closer. Drawn in by curiosity or something else. Other one seem to be more careful.

Jin stood there waiting patiently, the moment of truth were approaching now. Jin watched as one of the shadow clones moved in closer to his trap. But he had also lost sight of one of them. If his trap work out, perhaps the other would reveal himself. Jin had his Ryu senshu ready to fire. The trap he had set earlier did exactly what is was meant to do. The shadow clone had taken the bait and started heading for Jin. From the looks of it, the shadow clone wanted to surprise Jin. The shadow leaped from behin the tree from which it was hiding. It jump towards an helpless Jin and held him. The shadow clone seemed sure he had caught Jin.

But it turned out to be a kawarimi instead. As the replacement poof into smoke revealing the arrow. Jin had already prepared to fire. An arrow were sent flying towards the shadow clone. Jin's trap turned out to be a success as the arrow pierced its target. The shadow clone disappeared much to Jin's delight. But the shadow clone that were well hidden. Came up behind Jin and patted him on his shoulder. A smile came to Jin's face, it was game over. Jin managed to take down two shadow clones. But he couldn't take down the third.

"It seems i wasn't able to completely outsmart you sensei. I should have known". Jin said with a smile on his face as he started scratching his head. Jin then lowered his Ryu senshu as he stood and turned around to face Isamu sensei.

Isamu smiled back to the boy. He was good kid and had good head on his shoulders.

"Outsmarting was not the goal here. But to find new ways to think and use what you have. And I think you did that. Using your cover when it gave you shelter and then abandoning it when it came burden. Don't you think that is important lesson."

Of course in real situation things would have been different. But that was why they trained and trained some more. Finding their own style and way was important before releasing students and genins to world.

"I am really proud of you. You did well all and all." Isamu was not a scrooge when it came giving compliments.

Page 97 of 109 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast