Thread: Weekly Writing Contest 71

Having an intelligent conversation with a total moron

Default Weekly Writing Contest 71

On Thursday a topic will be chosen and posted by the previous weeks winner. Then everyone who wants to enter will post their piece in the thread before 12:00 PM (-8:00 GMT) Thursday. So that is Wednesday night/early Thursday Morning. Then the previous winner will judge all the pieces and pick the new winner and post it in the entry thread sometime on Thursday (try and do it as early as you can). The weeks winner will then pick the topic and make a new thread and it starts all over again. Remember this is your chance to shine!!!

Rules:

1. All forms of writing are welcome, whether it be poetry, short stories, essays, fan fiction, or whatever.
    2. All entries must be under 500 words
    3. All entries will be rated no higher than R this will be at the mods discretion. All entries rated over PG-13 must be under spoiler tags with a warning!
    4. The week's judge's decision is final and absolute. There no whining or complaining about another piece being better or the judge not being able to judge. On a flip note lets try and keep it as fair and impartial as possible.
    5. Critique will be allowed in another thread, but must remain constructive. Just saying 'your piece sucks' is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly. Everyone will be trying their best so lets not try to hurt feelings. On the flip side learn to take criticism it will help you become a better writer.
    6. Let's have fun with it. This will give you a chance to read others people's writing and let others read yours.
    7. A default judge will pick a new winner and topic if the week's judge goes MIA.
    8. If for some reason you can't fulfill your duties. Please PM Sarah so that she will be able to take appropriate action so the contest doesn't suffer delays.
    9. Have fun!!!

This week's topic
    : Survival

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    Oscar Wilde
    Lady Windermere's Fan

Default Re: Weekly Writing Contest 71

Extending this a week, and hoping the survival of these contest are not at stake

Survival

I first saw her at the corner of 18th street. We were both waiting to cross the dense street. She was the prettiest thing I’d ever seen on two legs. Brown thick curly hair so luscious I could nearly stop my hand from reaching out and caressing it. Curves that would make any man growl, and a walk that only made the want burn harder. Not to mention her face – the face of a timeless angle, within it the wisdom and wearing of live well worn. As crosswalk began to blink, we started to cross the street – me following just behind here, just like a man should. The immediacy in which I was drawn to here like a dandelion to the wind. Even I who had found something in many, many women was surprised by my attraction to here – no attraction is to shallow of a word. What I felt for here was a deep as the time itself. It was an eternal, instantaneous reaction. As if this woman, whose glorious swaying hips I know followed had existed within me my entire life. I had no choice but to follow her, even if she led me into the depth of hell…

I’m well aware I sound like a mad man, a stalker, and a pervert heading after a victim of want and lust. Perhaps, it is the blood rushing out of head and cooling on the cement where I lay that is making me speak so candid when I normally; maybe it was that she was that one in a million woman, that girl who dream about in the sweetness of youth, and who you convince yourself does not exist. That one perfect entity who you immediately share everything with, even when not a single word is spoken. A dream girl appearing before you in broad daylight, as you almost without any will follow her down the cold cement to some unknown location. Like a dog following after his master, I was doing what I only knew how to do.

Of course, with all the excitement and mist of love at first sight, I hardly had time to think, let alone breath. So, I never really say the taxi cab coming our way. I was more concerned about whether she knew I’d been following her for blocks, keeping only a few feet away. I assume she was aware, because she too didn’t seem to see the heavy car heading our way until it was to late, and she let out a ground-shaking scream. Though, for a while there, we simple walked together for what felt like years, surviving – perhaps we would continue…

Having an intelligent conversation with a total moron

Congrats 4th

Didn't really think about linking survival to love in that regard...but I must say well done. I really enjoyed reading it dramatic in its shortness and abruptness, an enjoyable concept.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    Oscar Wilde
    Lady Windermere's Fan